2009-10-30 06:00 (GMT) update: The following rsync mirrors are reported to be working and up-to-date:
2009-10-29 10:40 (GMT) update: Martin Costabel has detected that some of the rsync mirrors are still stalled. The following ones are reported to be working and up-to-date:
If you use rsync to selfupdate, edit /sw/etc/fink.conf so that the rsync mirror you use (the line that starts with Mirror-rsync) is one of the above mirrors.
2009-10-28 00:20 (GMT) update: finkmirrors.net is fixed and already working for some users (it might take some time for the changes to propagate to your DNS servers). This means that rsync selfupdate, source files, and bindists should be working. You might want to revert the changes that were made to /sw/etc/fink.conf and /sw/etc/apt/sources.list and run fink scanpackages.
As some of you might have noticed, our Fink Web site is down due to server issues. This also means that the rsync mirrors aren’t updating and the master mirror is unreachable. Whilst we sort this out, follow the (updated) instructions below. Don’t forget to make a backup copy of the original files.
- (Web site) Use http://fink.thetis.ig42.org if you need Web site information;
- (selfupdate) If you use rsync as your selfupdate method then edit /sw/etc/fink.conf and replace the line that starts with Mirror-rsync with Mirror-rsync: rsync://fink.gecko.ig42.org/finkinfo/
- (source files) Edit /sw/etc/fink.conf and replace the line that starts with Mirror-master with Mirror-master: http://fink-dist.gecko.ig42.org
- (bindist) Edit /sw/etc/fink.conf and replace the line that starts with Mirror-apt Mirror-apt: http://fink-bindist.gecko.ig42.org
- (bindist) Edit /sw/etc/apt/sources.list and replace http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/bindist with http://fink-bindist.gecko.ig42.org
- (bindist) Run fink scanpackages.
We apologise for the inconvenience. Further news will be available on this blog and the mailing lists.